Patch 7.2 will present players the opportunity to unlock a new gold-framed ability within the Artifact tree. Restoration Druids will be able to unlock Deep Rooted:
When one of your Restoration heal over time effects heals a target below 35% health, its duration is refreshed.
Unfortunately, this trait isn’t likely to be very helpful outside of 5-mans. There is simply too much competition for a limited amount of damage to be healed in a raid environment for players to stay at 35% and not get almost immediately topped off by another player (and, really, that player is just as likely to be you with a Swiftmend). One of the stated goals of this patch is to give players something impactful to work toward:
We’re planning to have relatively minimal changes to core class design in 7.2. This is for two primary reasons:
- The 7.2 changes and additions to Artifact Traits will have a lot of impact on classes, and so we’d like to keep core functionality relatively stable.
- We just made a very significant amount of changes to most specs in 7.1.5, and don’t want to pile another heap of changes on the community just yet.
I feel like the Development team may have missed their mark with this ability. In response to complaints that DPS specs seem to be getting the most attention so far, Blizzard actually mentioned specifically that they are looking at feedback on Deep Rooted at Chubie’s thread, Restoration Druid – New Gold Trait. Some of the suggestions from players so far include:
- Raising the percent cutoff of the proposed ability from 35% to 50%.
- Allowing double Lifebloom.
- Making each cast of Rejuvenation progressively cost less mana (to a point).
- Increased duration of Innervate.
I encourage you to share your thoughts on that thread (and also here because that would be awesome) in the hopes of an improvement (or replacement).